A serious injury leaves an accident victim in need of medical care and time to heal. A catastrophic injury, on the other hand, changes a person's life drastically, and usually permanently. A catastrophic injury typically results in disabilities and adaptation needs over a lifetime. A traumatic brain injury (TBI) and a spinal cord injury are two very different types of injuries, but both are likely to result in needs and consequences such as the following:
- Emergency medical care at the time of the accident
- Perhaps surgery or some other aggressive medical treatment
- Lengthy recovery and recuperation in a hospital
- Lengthy rehabilitation in a facility that provides services such as occupational therapy and physical therapy
- Very high-dollar medical bills
- Most likely, several months off work, with loss of income
- A need for durable medical equipment, such as a wheelchair
- A need for a modified van in the case of a spinal cord injury
- Possibly a need for a change in housing: remodeling or moving to a one-story home
- In the case of a spinal cord injury victim, a need for visits by personal care attendants at home after the hospital stay is over
Have You Suffered Loss After an Accidental Injury?
Chicago Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer William A. Jaeger Can Advise You
Some traumatic brain injuries are not readily apparent, and the injured person may not realize for some time that he or she has suffered a head injury. However, before long, it becomes apparent that things "are not right," and a lifestyle begins to suffer.
Whether your (or your loved one's) brain injury caused obvious trauma or crept up on you in the days or weeks after a car crash or other personal injury, you should talk to an experienced catastrophic injury attorney such as William A. Jaeger. He is ready to analyze your case in depth and prepare a compelling case for your compensation after any type of accidental injury:
Contact a Cook County Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
If you have suffered serious or catastrophic injuries in a car accident or construction accident, contact William A. Jaeger P.C. by phone or e-mail.